“I want to sell coins,” you say - but you have no idea where to start! If you’re looking to sell collectible coins but are unsure of how to go about it, you’ve come to the right place. At Luriya, we want to help you make informed decisions about where and to whom you sell coin collections. That’s why we’ve put together some of our best insider tips about selling collectible coins. You’ll learn about what to look for in a coin appraiser as well as the best way to go about selling your collectible coins for cash.
“I want to sell my coin collection,” you say… but how do you start? If you want to sell collectible coins, the best place to start is to determine where the best place to sell them is. After all, you want to make sure you’re getting the best price possible. The good news is that whether you have gold coins, silver coins, or antique coin collections, there’s a buyer out there for you.
While the selling options can seem endless, it really boils down to an auction house (either in-person or online), a pawn shop, or a private buyer. Auctions and pawn shops are known for not give you the true worth of your collectible coins, making both poor selling choices. A private buyer, on the other hand, combines convenience, ease, and a lot of cash, making it the best option for selling collectible coins.
Now that you know about where to sell collectible coins, how do you go about doing it? The best way to sell your collectible coins is to search out a buyer you trust. You want to make sure you choose a buyer with a great reputation and excellent reviews. That way, you can be sure that when the buyer walks you through the selling process, they are being honest and giving your collectible coins a fair assessment. After all, the last thing you want to do is to get scammed by an unscrupulous dealer.
While a coin appraisal may seem intimidating, the process is really very simple. An experienced appraiser will evaluate your coins and assess the following factors:
1. Rarity. Is your coin collection rare? You’ll earn more cash for them if they are.
2. Condition. What is the condition of the coins in your collection? The answer could influence their value.
3. Bullion value. Even if the coins in your collection aren’t in the best condition, the metal they are made from may still influence their value.
Want to know the secret to successfully selling a coin collection? The answer is… education! Yes, proper education is the answer to getting the most money from your coin sale. If you take the time to do research, you will have a much more lucrative sale. Learn about the different types of coins you have, their market value, the metal they’re made from, and any other factors that may also influence the sale.
With these tips in mind, selling collectible coins will be a breeze:
1. Make sure the buyer’s scales are properly calibrated and certified. Don’t know if they are? Just ask! Luriya’s scales are certified by New York State to guarantee accuracy.
2. The appraisal should be done in front of you, right where you can see it. If they take your valuables to a back room, take your sale elsewhere.
3. Read reviews on websites like Yelp and Google+. It’s important to know what other people in your community say about your buyer!