So that time of year is coming - the time of year where all holidays line up. Christmas, Hannakuah, Kwanzaa, New Year’s, or whatever holiday you celebrate in the chaotic winter crunch will be here before you know it! It’s never too early to buy gifts for your loved ones. Avoiding the last minute scramble is ideal to make everything else going on this holiday season less stressful.
Jewels, silver and gold are the pricier options for gifts, but in return they’ll last for a life time and your loved ones will know for sure that you care. So here are some ideas from Luriya, encompassing gifts for all of your loved ones this holiday season.
- Dog Tags: Your veteran family member (grandfather, uncle, dad) might appreciate a dog tag. You can even engrave initials, a meaningful date and a custom message for them, and make the gesture all the more meaningful
- Matching Necklaces or Bracelets: Whether it be for sisters, a mother/daughter, friends, aunts, or whoever you’re thinking of, a matching connection is always appreciated and brings the relationship closer.
- Bangles: Having countless styles and suitable for all genders, a pair of silver or gold bangle bracelets, some even having gemstones, could serve a great gift for anyone.
- Cuff Links: A simple but stylish way to jazz up a suit or casual office blouse, they’ll make an impression on anyone, including the receiver.
- Ring: The holidays are also the time for proposals, but engagement rings aside, a new ring can be a great daily jewelry addition. You don’t have to go all out, either; you can definitely find rings on the cheaper side out there. Consider the recipient’s birthstone for something more personalized, a “glad you were born” salute.
- Earrings: Splurge on a pair of silver or gold earrings instead of cheap department store ones. They’ll last a lot longer and probably aren’t made of cheap metals. Rarrings go with every outfit and every occasion, so they’ll definitely be well-used. Not only that, but there are tons of different styles like hoops, drops, or studs.
- Watch: A luxury watch like a Rolex or Patek Phillippe is an incredibly thoughtful gift, and is timeless; it can be worn for generations. You might not want to give one to someone superstitious though; watches as gifts can also be considered “bad luck”, as it implies there’s a time limit to the gifter and giftee’s relationship. Still, though, a lot of different watches are really expensive, so most people will definitely appreciate the sentiment.
- Pendant: Encompassing many symbols, from religious, to medical, to gemstones, animals, and others, all kinds of pendants are potentially meaningful.
- Jewelry Box: Pair it with one of your trinkets so that your loved one will have some place to store it! A jewelry box can be deeply useful for anyone, especially those regularly wear jewelry.
These are only a few suggestions, but we at Luriya hope they gave some ideas for what to get for the holiday season. A little thought goes a long way!